[gmx-users] Fw: Error in extendig md run in gromacs

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 07:35:22 CET 2013

No, GROMACS is reporting that the conditions that produced the supplied
checkpoint are different from those of the current mdrun. This is not a
problem - you could have done the equivalent of first run with the
conditions of the second, after all - but GROMACS noting the event is
perhaps useful when you come to interpret some kinds of results later on.

Reproducibility can be quite a false god when it comes to numerical
computation. Seek it in the ensemble, not in the trajectory!

Mark