[gmx-users] How to find the mutation effect?

Thales Kronenberger kronenberger7 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 11:55:06 CET 2013

Dear Fugui

I have faced the same problem in the begining of my projects with site
direct mutagenesis, until I realized that even if the RMSD is looking
similar the RMSF can show small statitical significant changes.

Where in the protein is the mutation? depending on where is in the
structure you can propose different analyses such as hydrogen bonding
counting (if in the active site) or even hidrophobicity pattern (for
interface mutations).

Best regards
Thales