[gmx-users] Re: question about fftw3 in gromacs 4.6 installation

Tomek Wlodarski tomek.wlodarski at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 20:48:40 CET 2013

Thanks Szilárd, good idea:)
I tried to build gromacs and I got errors..:

/tmp/ccBvi1my.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/ccBvi1my.s:110: Error: no such instruction: `vpcmov
%xmm13,%xmm5,%xmm14,%xmm10'
[...]
make[2]: *** [src/gmxlib/CMakeFiles/gmx.dir/ewald_util.c.o] Error 1
/tmp/ccncRj9M.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/ccncRj9M.s:431: Error: no such instruction: `vpshad %xmm3,%xmm0,%xmm1'
[....]
make[2]: *** [src/gmxlib/CMakeFiles/gmx.dir/bondfree.c.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [src/gmxlib/CMakeFiles/gmx.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Any idea?
Gromacs confirguration with cmake went ok appart from:

-- Check size of bool - failed
-- Performing Test _isfinite_compile_ok - Failed
-- Performing Test _finite_compile_ok - Failed

I do not know if those are related to building errors..
Thanks!
Best!

tomek