[gmx-users] MPI oversubscription

Christian H. hypolit at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 6 09:32:46 CET 2013

Seems like my last message got lost because the CMakeError.log was too big,
I attached that as a zip file.

If i call sysconf() without any arguments it returns 1.
Sysconf(_SC_NPROCESSOR_ONLN) complains that _SC_NPROCESSOR_ONLN is not
defined.

Also this comes up during make, which looks like trouble:
src/gromacs/gmxlib/gmx_detect_
hardware.c: In function ‘get_nthreads_hw_avail’:
src/gromacs/gmxlib/gmx_detect_hardware.c:414:1: warning: implicit
declaration of function ‘sysconf’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]

I built gromacs as described in:
http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Installation_Instructions/Cmake#MPI_build
with

cmake -DGMX_MPI=ON ../gromacs-src