[gmx-users] problems for GPU simulations

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 7 11:32:53 CET 2013

Hi,

You don't need SLI for multi-GPU simulations in Gromacs.
But you do need a real MPI library and configure Gromacs with -DGMX_MPI=on
Then you need to start Gromacs with (depending on you MPI library):
mpirun -np #GPUs mdrun

If anything, the performance of Gromacs should have gotten better from 4.6-beta to 4.6, not worse.

Cheers,

Berk