[gmx-users] system far from the equilibration state

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Feb 7 12:56:30 CET 2013

On 2/7/13 4:50 AM, Shima Arasteh wrote:

> Thanks for your reply.
> How would I know that when I get close to the equilibration state?  By Pressure, Temperature,or  RMSD plots?

There are no absolutes, and it also depends on what one means by "converged" or
"equilibrated."  If we're talking about initial NVT/NPT equilibration steps
where the solute of interest is restrained in some way, simple analysis of
temperature and pressure is likely sufficient to demonstrate that the ensemble
is stable.  If we're talking about trying to determine equilibrium sampling,
that's something else entirely and likely will involve protein-specific and/or
lipid-specific metrics.

> Sincerely,
> Shima

Research Scientist