[gmx-users] g_wham missing option

Jochen Hub jhub at gwdg.de
Thu Feb 7 18:31:25 CET 2013

Hi Anthony,

just one remark here: Make sure you have always a couple of histograms
overlapping each other (maybe 5-10). If every histogram overlaps only
with two neighbors, you will severely underestimate the error.

Hence, to estimate the error, you need rather many histograms from many
short umbrella simulations than few histograms from few long umbrella
simulations.

Cheers,
Jochen

Am 2/3/13 11:43 AM, schrieb Nash, Anthony:
> Hi Justin,
>
> Thanks for the reply. You were spot on about the version difference.
>
> Thanks again.
> Anthony

Dr. Jochen Hub
Computational Molecular Biophysics Group
Institute for Microbiology and Genetics
Georg-August-University of Göttingen
Justus-von-Liebig-Weg 11, 37077 Göttingen, Germany.
Phone: +49-551-39-14189
http://cmb.bio.uni-goettingen.de/