[gmx-users] Protein unfolded after COM pulling

Yun Shi yunshi09 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 18:40:53 CET 2013

A general question:

In COM pulling (pull two molecules away), does the weakest
inter-molecular interaction always break first? Or is it the
interaction aligned on the pulling direction break first?

In other words, does every part of the molecule "feel" the pulling
force? Or the part close to the COM "feel" stronger force that the
part of molecule that is far away from its COM?

Thanks,
Yun