[gmx-users] npt equilbration + density

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Feb 8 18:02:15 CET 2013

On 2/8/13 11:54 AM, Bahar Mehrpuyan wrote:
> Thanks Justin for the reply.
>   i use SPC water model (12000 molecules). in literature there are different
> values for density which depend simulation time, number of water molecules ,
> etc. (for example this paper : jcp.aip.org/resource/1/jcpsa6/v108/i24/p10220_s1)

The results will also depend to a much larger extent on the proper use of
cutoffs, long-range electrostatics algorithms, etc.  People get different
results when making changes.  Somewhere in the ballpark of 980 kg m^-3 seems
about right for SPC, but a proper assessment would require comparison with work
that uses the same run parameters that you did.

Research Scientist
jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080