[gmx-users] 4.6 seems improved the efficiency

Szilárd Páll szilard.pall at cbr.su.se
Tue Feb 12 00:22:13 CET 2013

Additionally to the new non-bonded SIMD kernels:
- Bonded force calculation got some SIMD acceleration which should
considerably improve performance;
- There have been be major improvements in PME (courtesy of Berk Hess &
Roland Schulz), you should see anywhere between up to 1.5-2x performance
improvement. OpenMP multi-threading is supported with separate PME nodes
also with the group scheme which should reduce communication cost at high
parallelization (turn it on with -npme N -ntomp_pme M). Note that
g_tune_pme does not support tuning the number of OpenMP threads (yet).

--
Szilárd