[gmx-users] Whether CHARMM force field in GROMACS is different from that in CHARMM commercial package

fayaz fayazbioinfo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 07:02:12 CET 2013

Dear Gromacs Forum,

I want to do RNA simulation using Gromacs. I have installed gromacs 4.5.5
and i found Charmm force field present in it. Can I use this force field for
my simulation. I am asking this because I heard that Charmm force field in
Gromacs is incomplete and different from the one that is present in CHARMM
software package. I think this conception is present with many of the
gromacs users. Most of my friends are also not using Charmm force field that
comes with gromacs. Please clear this doubt.

Thanks in advance

Fayaz