[gmx-users] Re: Diagonalizing matrix (g_covar)

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 20:19:00 CET 2013

Hi Seok Yun,

Duh. I meant why are you trying to determine the eigenvectors and
eigenvalues of a 50k by 50k covariance matrix. How did you end up with
such a matrix, and why do you think that that matrix will help you
solve your problem? What is your problem? What is the question you're
trying to answer? And does it need to be so complex? Maybe the
solution is not including the solvent, or not including the hydrogens,
or only including backbone, or only using C-alpha.

Cheers,

Tsjerk