[gmx-users] Problem with g_rdf

Hector Manuel Manzanilla Granados hmanzanilla at ipn.mx
Wed Feb 20 06:46:11 CET 2013

Excuseme dear Dr. Tomas, forgiveme the boldness,
I'm new with this, and I dont know who to address
when I have a problem. My name is Hector, and  I'm
tryng to install the gromacs software in my computer;
I follewed all the steps in the online manual, however
when I compile Gromacs with the instruction: ngmx, I receiveç
the following sentence:

:-)  G  R  O  M  A  C  S  (-:

            Glycine aRginine prOline Methionine Alanine Cystine Serine

                             :-)  VERSION 4.0.7  (-:

       Written by David van der Spoel, Erik Lindahl, Berk Hess, and
others.
        Copyright (c) 1991-2000, University of Groningen, The
Netherlands.
              Copyright (c) 2001-2008, The GROMACS development team,
             check out http://www.gromacs.org for more information.

          This program is free software; you can redistribute it
and/or
           modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
          as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version
2
              of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

                                  :-)  ngmx  (-:

Option     Filename  Type         Description
   -f       traj.xtc  Input        Trajectory: xtc trr trj gro g96 pdb
cpt
   -s      topol.tpr  Input        Run input file: tpr tpb tpa
   -n      index.ndx  Input, Opt.  Index file

Option       Type   Value   Description
-[no]h       bool   no      Print help info and quit
-nice        int    0       Set the nicelevel
-b           time   0       First frame (ps) to read from trajectory
-e           time   0       Last frame (ps) to read from trajectory
-dt          time   0       Only use frame when t MOD dt = first time
(ps)

Program ngmx, VERSION 4.0.7
Source code file: ../../../../src/gmxlib/gmxfio.c, line: 737

Can not open file:
topol.tpr

"It's Calling Me to Break my Bonds, Again..." (Van der Graaf)

I don't understand what to do with this, may be you can get me a hint,

thank you very much and excuse me.

Best regards.