[gmx-users] g_order for lipid bilayers

Felipe Pineda, PhD luis.pinedadecastro at lnu.se
Wed Feb 20 16:31:36 CET 2013

Hi again,

my topology is non-consecutively numbered. I was looking for a tool to
renumber it, but didn't find it yet. A hint will be really appreciated.
I was not sure either whether or not is it possible to use the xtc
generated with the original topology with the renumbered one. My main
doubt is how to properly generate the index file for g_order. If each
group contain an atom type in the chain, let's say all C21, another all
C22, etc., I get many warnings of the type:

WARNING: distance between atoms 6767 and 6751 > 0.3 nm (1.406577). Index
file might be corrupt.

If all atoms belonging to one chain are put together in a group, then
the xvg files are empty.

There should be some posting in the archive clarifying the issue, but
was not able to find it yet.

Thanks,

Felipe