[gmx-users] analysis of the PCA projections

Austin B. Yongye ybausty at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 20 21:13:51 CET 2013

Hi James,After doing your 2D projections with g_anaeig, determine the x-y boundaries of your "transition state" from the plots.Your next task will be to generate indices corresponding to the frames you want to extract. You can store these indices in a file named frames.ndx (for example). The file format is:[ frames ]  1  6  etc for the frames
Proceed as follows:- write a script that scans the x-y values in the output file you specified using the -2d option when you ran g_anaeig. - when an x-y pair satisfies the boundaries of your "transition state," save its index in the frames.ndx file. Note that the index (from 1 to the total number of frames) is just a counter that is incremented every time you evaluate a new pair of x-y values.
Finally, run trjconv with your MD trajectory file and include the -fr frames.ndx option. The output file will contain your desired frames.
Austin-
PS. These authors describe what you are trying to do, amongst other things:Deconstructing the native state: energy landscapes, functions, and dynamics of globular proteins. Zhuravlev, PI; Materese, CK; Papoian, GA. J. Phys. Chem. B 2009, 113, 8800-8812