[gmx-users] pds files without bond information

Erik Marklund erikm at xray.bmc.uu.se
Wed Feb 20 21:58:07 CET 2013

Hi,

pdb2gmx generate the connectivity from the residue and atom sequences
(the file format specs state the order in which they appear) and the
distances between atoms. This is fairly robust as long as the
coordinates aren't unusually bad. For instance, if two carbons are
located at ~1 C-C bond length they are very likely to be bound to each
other.

Erik