[gmx-users] terminal phosphate residue for dna simulations

Vedat Durmaz durmaz at zib.de
Thu Feb 21 17:02:50 CET 2013

hi paulo & gmx,

thank you for your time and hint! as far as i've understood from your
paper which was interesting to read, you mainly modelled 5'-phosphate
molecules?

anyways, since we intended to simulate a 3'-terminal phosphate as well,
we just created a phosphate residue by modifying the file dna.rtp (and
others). this residue can now be parameterized at any 3' as well as 5'
terminus if desired.

hopefully, this appoach is somehow valid and doesn't lead to strange
artefacts.

take care,
vedat