[gmx-users] Gromacs 4.6 Installation under Cygwin

toma0052 at umn.edu toma0052 at umn.edu
Sat Feb 23 01:59:37 CET 2013

Hello,
     I am trying to install Gromacs 4.6 on a Windows workstation under
cygwin. After I install everything, when executing g_luck I come up with
the error:
'error while loading shared libraries: cyggmx-6.dll: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory'
     There does exist the file cyggmx-6.dll in /usr/local/gromacs/lib and I
have tried: export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/gromacs/lib as well as using
the flag -BUILD_SHARED_LIBS=OFF with cmake, but neither seem to help. What
could be the cause of this?

Thanks,
Mike