[gmx-users] Building a box pure solvent with genbox for CG simulations

ABEL Stephane 175950 Stephane.ABEL at cea.fr
Mon Feb 25 13:39:28 CET 2013

Hello All,

It is a newbie question here, but I can not find a clear response. I would like to create a simple box of pure DECANE for MD with the Martini force field. I have tried do that with genbox (as for AA force field)

genbox_mpi -cp 1_CG_DECANE.pdb -ci 1_CG_DECANE.pdb -o CG_DECANE_box.gro -box 4.8 4.8 4.8 -nmol 255 -vdwd 0.21

where 1_CG_DECANE.pdb file contains three atoms (or beads) for decane. This atoms C1, C2 and C3 are placed according the geometry given in the martini_v2.0_solvents.itp file (i.e distance between beads of 4.7 A and angle of 180o). With this command, only the first atom of the DEC molecule is added in the box.

So how to construct of pure solvent when i use the Martini force field

In addition i have tried to use the martinize python script to transform a box of decane (AA) -> CG, but seemes to work only for proteins (correct ?).

Thank you in advance for your help

Stephane