[gmx-users] g_bar for larger systems (protein-protein interaction)

Michael Shirts mrshirts at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 21:55:05 CET 2013

My personal opinion is that for large protein-protein calculations,
the free energy should be computed through potential of mean force
calculations, NOT alchemical methods, using the endpoints (properly
corrected) to determine the free energy of association.

There are a number of tutorials and example papers on how to compute
these potentials of mean force, so I won't go into those details here.