[gmx-users] Re: Gromacs 4.6 Installation under Cygwin

toma0052 at umn.edu toma0052 at umn.edu
Tue Feb 26 22:11:36 CET 2013

Hello,
     It looks like the problem might be in my mdp settings. I am using the
MARTINI force field which uses shift functions for both electrostatics and
vdw which are only available in the group-based cut-off scheme. OpenMP
doesn't seem to run with the group-based cut-off scheme, just Verlet.
     If I switch the cut-off scheme to Verlet and change the vdw and
coulombtype to cut-off and then add in potential-shift-verlet as modifiers
I can get the system to run. However, in doing this, am I mucking up the
force field?

Thanks,
Mike

http://www.fftw.org/fftw3_doc/Installation-on-Unix.html#Installation-on-Unix