[gmx-users] Re: The sum of the two largest charge group radii is larger than rlist - rvdw (because rlist < rvdw)

Joakim Jämbeck jambeck at me.com
Wed Feb 27 08:54:08 CET 2013

Dear Chris,

We have used the following settings in our recent work (http://pubs.rsc.org/en/content/articlelanding/2013/CP/C3CP44472D):

coulombtype=pme
rcoulomb=1.0
rlist=1.0
vdw-type=cut-off
rvdw=1.4
dispcorr=enerpres

And this works fine without any notes etc from grompp, and you do not have to use the switching function. Should probably change the md.mdp file on the website...thanks for bringing this to our attention!

A colleague of mine have used Slipids with a shorter rvdw and the bilayer properties were still very stable. When I use rcoulomb=rvdw=1.0 I see no major difference either except for a relatively big boost in performance. But please double check that your simulations are able to reproduce experimental observables if changing rvdw to around 1.0 nm., but it should be fine.

Best regards,
Joakim