[gmx-users] Number of atoms is very high

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 10:04:59 CET 2013

Hi Divya,

If you set up the box with editconf, the tail cannot have been
outside. It may have looked that way, because the molecules in the box
get wrapped to fit in the rectangular brick corresponding to your
triclinic box. But you should be able to see how there is a hole on
the other side of the solvent where the tail that sticks out fits in.
This is commonly explained in (good ;)) tutorials. If you haven't done
so, please follow one.

Cheers,

Tsjerk