[gmx-users] GROMACS4.6 on Intel MIC

Szilárd Páll szilard.pall at cbr.su.se
Wed Feb 27 14:43:21 CET 2013

Hi,

Yes, it can. If you use the MIC in symmetric mode, it will just look and
behave like another compute node. However, the performance will be
horrible, because we don't have optimized kernels  for MIC. Work on porting
the new SIMD-friendly Verlet NxN kernels to MIC ins ongoing, but it is
highly unlikely that production-level release code will include this work
before 5.0. A stable 4.6-based development branch with decent performance
could should up in a few months.

Cheers,

--
Szilárd