[gmx-users] The sum of the two largest charge group radii is larger than rlist - rvdw (because rlist < rvdw)

Christopher Neale chris.neale at mail.utoronto.ca
Thu Feb 28 05:44:15 CET 2013

Dear Joakim:

I've started bilayer simulations with both of the new conditions that you mentioned. Thank you for the advice ans references. I am surprised to hear that the bilayer features are similar with different vdw cutoffs (although I'll check also). Perhaps this is an unexpected win for dispersion correction. Michael Shirts, et al., continue to show us the importance/usefulness of dispersion correction in aqueous solution, but I was surprised to hear that it also seems to work better than one might hope for when simulating orientationally anisotropic biphasic systems like a bilayer in water.

Thanks for your input,
Chris.