[gmx-users] Run parameters definition

Sabine Reisser sabine.reisser at kit.edu
Thu Feb 28 16:34:14 CET 2013

Hi,

I'm confused about the exact writing of run parameters in mdp-files. In
the gromacs manual there is a parameter written like "vdwtype" (Chapter
Run parameters - VdW). If I omit this parameter in my .mdp file,
however, it it written as "vdw-type" in the mdout.mdp file (see also
http://manual.gromacs.org/online/mdp.html ).
If I declare it explicitly, I get "vdwtype" or "vdw-type" in the
mdout.mdp according to the writing in the input .mdp file.
I read (http://manual.gromacs.org/online/mdp_opt.html) that the
difference between a dash and an underscore is ignored, but can they be
completely omitted?

I was also wondering about this with couple-lambda1 = vdwq (mostly
written as "vdw-q").

I would be glad if somebody could clear this up. Maybe someone could
even point me to the location where this is handled in the source code
for my better understanding.

Thanks for reading!

Cheers
Sabine