[gmx-users] LINCS WARNING - Protein-Membrane-system

Shima Arasteh shima_arasteh2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 1 14:56:23 CET 2013

Hi,

I have a system of Peptide-popc-ions-water to simulate. I'm trying to run MD simulation following the Justin's tutorial of kalp15-DPPC.

The force field which I use, is charmm36.

In NVT step, I get LINCS-warning as follow:
Step 0, time 0 (ps)  LINCS WARNING
relative constraint deviation after LINCS:
rms 2.460224, max 54.696251 (between atoms 4719 and 4716)
bonds that rotated more than 30 degrees:
 atom 1 atom 2  angle  previous, current, constraint length

Step 0, time 0 (ps)  LINCS WARNING
relative constraint deviation after LINCS:
rms 0.182707, max 15.613569 (between atoms 4725 and 4726)

When I checked the warning, I see the first warning is related to 2 atoms of 71POPC, the chain of 71POPC residue is broken near these two atoms. And the other warning is related to a bond between H and C in the other POPC residue.

Some settings of nvt.mdp is as:
ns_type        = grid
nstlist        = 5
rlist        = 1.2
rlistlong       = 1.4
rcoulomb    = 1.2
rvdw        = 1.2
pbc        = xyz
vdwtype         = switch
rvdw_switch     = 0.8
; Parameters for treating bonded interactions
continuation    = no
constraint_algorithm = LINCS
constraints    = all-bonds
lincs_iter    = 1
lincs_order    = 4

Do I need to increase the rlistlong? I have done a simulation of POPC-water before with these settings, but everything was ok. So what's the problem? Anybody may help me?

Your suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Shima