[gmx-users] Re: Simulation of 2D lattice model

James Starlight jmsstarlight at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 17:49:18 CET 2013

Justin,

I've made new lattice model in GROMOS united atoms. I've used 2 nodes
- CH2 (ca) for atom with 3 bonds as well as CH1 (CB) for boundary
atoms with 2 bonds to adjacent nodes.
That system is considerably rigid in comparison to the lattice which
I've simulated in OPLS all atom ff.

Does it possible to change VDW(LJ) parameters for both nodes in the
top file or should I modify existing atom types in ffnonbonded ?

How I could prevent rotation of the lattice as the whole object ? (
simulation in vacuum in NVT) without any posres ?
Its not possible to use very small box dimensions due to the rvdv= 1.4
in gromos ff
(if I define box vectors compatible with the size of the lattice I've
obtain error in grompp)

Also in connection to the above question with the box size I also
wounder like to know how I could use ; periodic_molecules  options
with such lattice which asymmetric on left and right boundaries (
picture http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/543/lattice.png/ ) ?

Thanks for help

James