[gmx-users] Question about gold-S simulation

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Jan 3 22:59:51 CET 2013

On 1/3/13 3:49 PM, hyunjink at andrew.cmu.edu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I saw Fatemeh's and others' posts regarding gold and S FF parameters.
> I have a few questions regarding this:
>
> 1. The vdW parameters for Au changed according to interaction atoms such
> as C, H, N, S, etc.
> However, I wonder, if the system includes both S and N, which interact
> with Au, then which parameter should I use for Au, one for Au-N or one for
> Au-S.

LJ parameters listed in [atomtypes] in ffnonbonded.itp are used in conjunction
with the combination rules of the force field to determine these interactions.
If interactions change depending upon the atoms involved, one can specify
[nonbond_params] for each interaction pair that supersede the combination rules
for those atom pairs.  That way, the parameters for e.g. S can be different when
interacting with different atoms.

I can't comment on points 2 and 3.

-Justin

> 2. Can you send me papers you obtained the FF parameters for Au?
>

> 3. The charge of Au is zero?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Hyunjin.

Research Scientist