[gmx-users] how to indicate solvent flexibility?

Albert mailmd2011 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 17:42:43 CET 2013

hello:

   I've finished a 60ns MD simulation with Gromacs and I found that the
flixbility of solvent molecules inside the protein is different when it
binds with different ligands: ie. in one case the solvent can move very
fast with bulk environment, and in other case the solvent forms type
Hbonds with resdiues inside protein.  I am just wondering how which
module of Gromacs can I use to indicate the solvent difference in
flexibility? Is it possible to calculate the entropy in certain region
(let's say: 20<Z<30 ) of the solvent?

thank you very much
best
Albert