[gmx-users] selecting res CYS from G53a5 using pdb2gmx

Payman Pirzadeh ppirzade at ucalgary.ca
Wed Jan 9 02:05:59 CET 2013

Since gromacs is globally installed on the cluster, I am making local
modifications. What was strange was I modified the three files, and I ran
pdb2gmx with them, and it failed (it could not find certain atoms?!). Then I
copied the whole gromos53a5 folder to my working directory and moved these
files into it, and I used the -ff option, but it still opened the global
folder. So, I kept the three modified files in my working directory + the
grooms folder with the modified files, then it worked. The topology
contained the new parameters. I guess there might be sth with how pdb2gmx
finds the database files.

Payman