[gmx-users] Re: Umbrella sampling and free energy estimation

James Starlight jmsstarlight at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 14:33:13 CET 2013

Restating of my question about ussage of essential eigenvectors as the
pulling coordinates I'd like to introduce some example.
The case study is the open to close transition in some protein. For
instance by means of essential dynamics sampling technique (in
targeted-contraction mode) I've simulated transition from open to
close state of my protein (obtaining 1ns trajectory where such process
can be visualized). Could I use such trajectory for further umbrella
sampling of my protein ussing conformers extracted from that 1ns
trajectory as the umbrella\s windows (analysing them by means of WHAM
method).

James