[gmx-users] Warning _mesage

Devika N T deviinfoz.an at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 13:38:17 CET 2013

Thank you Justin for your reply.

I need to perform the effect of Calcium (CA) with protein Calmodulin.
>From the warning message its clear that "CA" is not identified as ion.
But previously I tried the run with Gromacs version 4.0.7 at that time

Version 4.0.7

Warning: 'CA' not found in residue topology database, trying to use 'CA2+'
Warning: 'CA' not found in residue topology database, trying to use 'CA2+'
Warning: 'CA' not found in residue topology database, trying to use 'CA2+'
Warning: 'CA' not found in residue topology database, trying to use 'CA2+'

So I thought in version 4.5.5 it will have the residuetype.dat file updated
with calcium.
Fine let me try by adding calcium to residuetypes.dat

Anyway I cannot consider "calcium ion" as ligand right?

 * Regards**
  N.T. Devika*