[gmx-users] merge many boxes

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Jan 17 02:53:26 CET 2013

On 1/16/13 8:26 PM, Kieu Thu Nguyen wrote:
> @Justin, i am trying to simulate oligomerization of membrane protein. I
> want to assemble a big box with proteins from many small box having a
> protein. Is it available ?

The method I described previously should work.  You place one patch (membrane +
embedded protein) at some location within a large box using editconf -center,
then combine with any other system(s) that have similarly been positioned using
editconf -center.  The tutorial I linked before demonstrates a trivial example
of something similar, but it illustrates the logic behind the process.  You
won't get any clashes to be automatically resolved/molecules deleted, but even
with small gaps or unequilibrated boundaries, a gentle equilibration protocol
should resolve those issues.

Research Scientist
jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080