[gmx-users] Getting the virial for each individual atom.

Marcin, Zachary zachary.marcin at wilkes.edu
Mon Jan 21 19:06:09 CET 2013

Berk,
Here is where I think I might be able to:
In calcvir.c there is a method called calc_vir which takes, among other
things, int nxf(no idea what this does), rvec x[], and revec f[].  It then
does dvxx+= x[i][xx] *f[i][XX];.
This is the same as the formula that I am trying to solve for (Vi*Pi +
.5*SUM(Rij * Fij)).
What I figured I could do is create another array to calculate the virials
for, thus giving me an index position per atom, and then use that somehow.

I also know that I can use R(ij) * F(ij), or the distance between atoms i
and j times the Forces between atoms i and j.  If anyone has any insight on
getting these, that could also work.
I know how to get the individual positions, but I don't know how I would go
about the forces aspect of that.

Thanks,
Zach