[gmx-users] switching and shifting in GMX 4.6 on GPUs

Jesper Sørensen jesorensen at ucsd.edu
Thu Jan 24 23:20:09 CET 2013

Hi Berk,

I am running membrane simulations using both the CHARMM36 and MARTINI v. 2.1 parameters.
So both those cut-off treatments are important to me, but if there are ways around it I'd be happy to explore them to be able to use the GPUs. The place it would be most effective would probably be for the all-atom simulations, as the number of particles is much higher in general, so switching would be the most important at this stage.

On a similar note the switching done in gromacs is by the energy - correct? This has been mentioned as an issue for the CHARMM36 lipid parameters as it is the forces that are "normally" switched off in both CHARMM and NAMD, although both options are available there. The difference I am told results in a smaller area/lipid for the bilayers.

Best,
Jesper