[gmx-users] Re: On the choosing of GPU for MD runs

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 25 11:44:49 CET 2013

Hi,

Performance in single precision on Tesla cards is often lower than on GTX cards.
The only reason to buy Telsa cards is double precision, reliability and fanless cards for clusters.

I have a GTX 660 Ti, which is much cheaper than a GTX 670, but should have nearly the same
performance in Gromacs, as we are not limited by memory bandwidth.

Cheers,

Berk