[gmx-users] Decreasing of the box size during membrane protein simulation

James Starlight jmsstarlight at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 08:19:46 CET 2013

One important point:

in that simulations I've used decreased cut-offs with charmm36 ff
because that systems have been modelled with CPU+GPU so I had some
imbalance in cpu\gpu loadings with common (1.2) cutoffs.

rlist		= 0.8		; Cut-off for making neighbor list (short range forces)
rlistlong       = 1.4
rcoulomb	= 0.8		; long range electrostatic cut-off
rvdw		= 0.8

Might that affect on the compresbility of my system? Might  I prevent
such compression by means of changing ref_p or compressibility on the
Z using  emiisotropic pcoupltype?

James