[gmx-users] RE: Is non-linear data output/storage possible?

Neha nshafique at wesleyan.edu
Tue Jul 2 18:46:11 CEST 2013

So I tried doing this and ran into another problem.

I made two mdp files, one that stored data every ten steps and one every
hundred steps

I was thinking I would store data like this:

10
20
30
.
.
.
100
200
.
.
.
1000

And then I would start another 'block' that would go

1010
1020
.
.
.
1100
1200
.
.
.
2000

I am able to get one block of data stored the way I want. However when I use
grompp to extend the simulation from that block using the mdp file that
would store data every 10 time steps once again, I get a warning that the
run will generate an obscene amount of data and that the simulation is
running for infinite ps. I am not sure why that is happening and was
wondering if anyone had any ideas as to how to fix it. Or better yet, if
someone else has a way to do this kind of non-linear data storage that has
not occurred to me yet.

Let me know if you need anymore information, I understand that this might be
confusing to follow.

Dallas Warren wrote