[gmx-users] RE: Is non-linear data output/storage possible?

Thomas Schlesier schlesi at uni-mainz.de
Tue Jul 2 21:17:40 CEST 2013

I see the same problem as Justin.
The real problem lies here:

mdrun -nt 4 -v -s 10step.tpr -c nonlinear.gro -e nonlinear.edr -x
nonlinear.xtc -o nonlinear.trr -g nonlinear.log -cpi nonlinear.cpt -cpo
nonlinear.cpt -rdd 2.5

Due to the '-cpi nonlinear.cpt' mdrun thinks the the time now the
end-time of the longer simulation. But in the grompp step, you tell GMX
thaat the time starts at 0 and should go till the shorter end-time.

You could use Justin's approach. Or skip the '-cpi nonlinear.cpt' in the
mdrun step. Problem with the later is, that you'll end with many
trajectories which all start at t=0.

One thing which is strange:
Why do you use in the second grompp/mdrun step, the *.tpr file of the
previous run as input for the coordinates? Would think it will be better
to use the final coordinates of the previous run and not the initial
coordinates. (Being confused)

Greetings
Thomas