[gmx-users] why TIPS3P, why not TIP3P?

Javier Cerezo jcb1 at um.es
Mon Jul 8 10:47:54 CEST 2013

In a recent benchmark by Piggot, Piñeiro and Khalid (
http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ct3003157 ), they showed that the
TIP3P flavour may affect some properties (ApL) for simulations with
CHARM36, concluding that CHARMM-TIP3P is recommended, at least for DPPC.

I've also experienced similar issues with DMPC.

Javier

--
Javier CEREZO BASTIDA
PhD Student