[gmx-users] Xe atom

Divya Sunil divyasunilkumar at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 10:39:10 CEST 2013

thanks for the reply.. I am planning to place Xe in the protein binding
site ( just like a metal atom). I made a topology file with xe charge and
mass. I have two options to implement the simulation. 1. like
protein-ligand simulation. 2. replacing a number of solvent (water)
molecules with xe in the cubic system. for these purposes what is the
correct procedure?... do I need to simply add the xe parameters to .gro
file and topol file?  or may i need to make changes in forcefield?  pls help

Thanking you
Divya

On 8 July 2013 19:16, Dr. Vitaly Chaban <vvchaban at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am a too curious person not to ask WHY Xe is of interest in connection
> with the protein..?
>

> Dr. Vitaly V. Chaban
>

> On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 6:45 PM, Justin Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu> wrote:
>

> > On 7/8/13 9:21 AM, divyasunil wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> Please help me to add Xe atom to GROMOS96 53a6 force field. I need to
> >> carry
> >> out a protein-Xe simulation . I tried myself but failed.

> * Please search the archive at

"A man is great by deeds, not by birth."

Dr. Divya G. Nair
Post Doctoral Fellow
Institute of Biophysics and Physical Biochemistry
University of Regensburg
Regensburg-93040
Germany