[gmx-users] Re: Multiple LINCS Warnings in NVT Equillibration

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Jul 10 12:57:05 CEST 2013

On 7/10/13 3:13 AM, ashish24294 wrote:
> I changed the cut-offs as follows, still isn't helping. I tried restraining
> the urea which also didn't work.  I have attached the topology as well.
> topolurea.top
> <http://gromacs.5086.x6.nabble.com/file/n5009723/topolurea.top>

The urea.itp looks suspicious to me - there are no angles defined.  There is no
citation for the parameters in the .itp, so it's hard to validate where they
came from.  In any case, given the frequency of output you have specified below,
it should be very useful to watch the trajectory to see what is going wrong.
Right around 25 ps, you have large oscillations in LJ(SR) and the temperature,
indicating to me that there is some really nasty geometry emerging that is
causing velocities to go haywire and the thermostat can't keep up.  Then you get
the crash.

-Justin

Postdoctoral Associate

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences