[gmx-users] Figures of PCA analysis

Ahmet yıldırım ahmedo047 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 14:46:44 CEST 2013

Dear users,

I have a few questions about PCA analysis. I see the figures below in the most
of the publications:
1.) Figure:Eigenvalues along the eigenvectors
This figure gives contribution of eigenvalues along the eigenvectors to the
overall motion of the protein???
2.) Figure:the projection of the MD trajectories onto the first ten
principal components
This figure gives contribution of the first 10 eigenvectors to the overall
motion of the protein???
3.)The projection of the MD trajectories onto the plane of the first and
the second principal components
This figure gives knowledge about conformational spaces of structures???

Which one gives information about the motion of the structure?
Can anyone explain to me in detail what these figure are?
--
Ahmet Yıldırım