[gmx-users] RE: Is non-linear data output/storage possible?

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Jul 11 23:05:34 CEST 2013

On 7/11/13 3:14 PM, Neha wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I started changing init-step. Now I seem to have another problem. When I go
> to switch to another 'block' it tells me that my input and checkpoint states
> are not identical when I use mdrun the second time. I am not sure how they
> can be any different as I only have one .cpt file in the directory.

The .cpt file stores information related to output frequency.  The existing .cpt
file designates output every X steps, while the new .tpr file specifies output
every Y steps, and X != Y, so mdrun complains.  I'm assuming mdrun aborts at
that point?  Have you tried with -noappend?

> My list of commands is right here -
>
> grompp -f 1step.mdp -c 315monolayer.gro -p dppc_monolayer.top -o
> 315monolayer.tpr
>
> mdrun -nt 4 -s 315monolayer.tpr -c 315monolayer.gro -e 315monolayer.edr -o
> 315monolayer.trr -x 315monolayer.xtc -g 315monolayer.log -cpo
> 315monolayer.cpt -rdd 2.5
>
> grompp -f 10step.mdp -c 315monolayer.tpr -p dppc_monolayer.top -o
> 315monolayer.tpr -t 315monolayer.cpt
>
> mdrun -nt 4 -s 315monolayer.tpr -c 315monolayer.gro -e 315monolayer.edr -o
> 315monolayer.trr -x 315monolayer.xtc -g 315monolayer.log -cpi
> 315monolayer.cpt -cpo 315monolayer.cpt -rdd 2.5

Save yourself some typing :)

mdrun -nt 4 -deffnm 315monolayer

Postdoctoral Associate

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences