[gmx-users] snapshot

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Jul 15 15:06:42 CEST 2013

On 7/15/13 9:02 AM, Rama Krishna Koppisetti wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The following command I used for the snapshots but I'm getting one frame
> time 0 time 500. what are the changes I need to do in the command to get
> snapshots in equal intervals of time for ex: 250ps. My production MD
> trajectory was 15ns.
> g_trjconv -s md.tpr -f md.trr -o beta.gro -skip 1 -dt 0 -dump 0 -sep

The interval depends on how often you saved snapshots.  You do not need -dt and
-dump options.  You will get separate coordinate files with -sep and the correct
value of -skip will give you what you want.  If you saved a frame every 50 ps,
then trjconv -skip 5 -sep will give you a frame every 250 ps.

Postdoctoral Associate

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601