[gmx-users] segfault with an otherwise stable system when I turn on FEP (complete decoupling)

Christopher Neale chris.neale at mail.utoronto.ca
Thu Jul 18 23:53:45 CEST 2013

Dear Michael:

I have uploaded them as http://redmine.gromacs.org/issues/1306

It does not crash immediately. The crash is stochastic, giving a segfault between 200 and 5000 integration steps. That made me think it was a simple exploding system problem, but there are other things (listed in my original post) that make me think otherwise. Most notably, the drug is fine in both water and vacuum. I have also built numerous systems and get the crash in each one. My actual production system also has a protein, but during debugging I found that the error persists in a simple and small water solution.

Thank you for your assistance.
Chris.