[gmx-users] QMMM number of thread

Javier Cerezo jcb1 at um.es
Fri Jul 19 09:30:47 CEST 2013

1.- You can only run the MD part in 1 thread, but you can perform the QM
step with more procs. Note that, except for MOPAC, for which the library
libmopac (see instructions in the website for how to get this) is
directly used by the GROMACS code, the QM part consists in a external
call to the QM package. In this call, you can use as many procs as you
would use in any other call to the QM program.

2.- As said avobe, yes, the QM program manages its threads and memory
independently, as it is a external call (except for MOPAC).

3.- Needs third party software (Gaussian, ORCA...) or the libmopac
library provided at compilaton time.

Javier

--
Javier CEREZO BASTIDA