[gmx-users] Persistence length calculation using g_polystat

rajendra kumar rjdkmr at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 12:05:06 CEST 2013

Which group of atoms you have taken for the persistence length? g_polystat
requires a group of atoms which are consecutively bonded in polymer
main-chain. You should take only backbone atoms of one strand of the DNA.
But, it does not give the persistence length for the whole DNA. I guess, to
estimate persistence length of whole DNA, you have to calculate it for
helical axis of the DNA.

With best regards,
Rajendra

|* Rajendra Kumar                                 *|
| PhD Student                                    |
Chemistry<http://www.mpibpc.mpg.de/english/start/index.php>

| Theoretical and Computational
Biophysics<http://www.mpibpc.mpg.de/home/grubmueller/index.html>,

| Am Fassberg 11, 37077 Goettingen, Germany      |
| Tel.:  +49 551 201 2304                        |

On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 11:27 PM, Mohan maruthi sena <maruthi.sena at gmail.com