[gmx-users] Persistence length of whole DNA molecule

Mohan maruthi sena maruthi.sena at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 09:19:26 CEST 2013

Hi all,
            I want  to calculate the persistence length of whole DNA
molecule. I know that we can calculate it by using option g_polystat -f
.trr -p p.xvg , but I am not able to figure out what set of of atoms I have
to select while making the index, so that I could get persistence length of
whole DNA molecule. I have tried by giving backbone atom index for
calculation but not getting the correct values ?  Please suggest me what
atom index I should select which can include helical axis information while
calculating the persistence length.

Thanks & regards,
Mohan